Safe use of organic peroxides
1. The place where organic peroxides are used should be kept clean and orderly, no evacuation passages should be occupied, and no obstacles that affect escape and fire fighting and rescue should be set up on doors and windows.
2. Living facilities unrelated to production shall not be set up in the place where organic peroxides are used; it is strictly forbidden to carry out open flame operations in the workplace.
3. The place where organic peroxides are used should be equipped with small storage cabinets for hazardous chemicals that are stored in small quantities.
4. The place where the organic peroxide is used should take measures such as fire prevention, explosion-proof, anti-static, anti-corrosion and anti-leakage according to the use and storage characteristics of the material.
5. The explosion-proof tools that do not produce sparks should be used when the organic peroxide is divided (replaced).
When handling organic peroxides, the principle of “small amount and many times, handle with care, do not impact friction, or put it horizontally and upside down” should be followed.
6. When using organic peroxide, it should be strictly implemented in accordance with the process conditions specified in the operating procedures.
7. When using organic peroxides that are subject to temperature control (cooling), the units using organic peroxides shall not be removed from the temperature control facility for more than 30 minutes.
8. The place where the organic peroxide is used should be equipped with a video monitoring device and connected to the hazardous chemicals traceability system (APP) to automatically monitor and record the usage to prevent loss.
9. The place where organic peroxides are used should be set up with hazardous chemical safety signs, hazardous chemical safety notice cards, chemical safety data sheets (SDS) and safety operation procedures, and necessary emergency equipment such as fire extinguishers and vermiculite should be set up as required. and personal protective equipment such as protective clothing.
10. Before using organic peroxides, operators should carefully read the chemical safety data sheet (SDS) of the product.
11. The organic peroxide user should communicate with the organic peroxide supplier and formulate a safe operation plan if the pumping system and pipeline are used to transport the organic peroxide in the production operation.
12. If the operator uses the pumping system and pipeline to transport organic peroxide, after the operation is completed, the pipeline should be emptied to ensure that no organic peroxide remains in the pipeline.