1. tert-butyl hydroperoxide
- Product name: TBHP
- English name: Tert-butyl hydroperoxide
- Chemical name: tert-butyl hydroperoxide
- Chemical Structure:
- Molecular formula: C4H10O2
- Molecular weight: 90
- Theoretical active oxygen content: 17.78%
- CAS: 79-91-2
- Main decomposition products: methane, acetone, tert-butanol.
Half-life (measured in chlorobenzene solution):
- 0.1 hour: 207℃
- 1 hour: 185℃
- 10 hours: 164℃
Thermal Stability Data:
- Self-Accelerating Decomposition Temperature (SADT): 80°C
- Critical temperature (Tem): 75℃
- Storage temperature (Tsmax): 0/40 ℃
- Purity: 69-71%
- Active oxygen content: 12.24-12.60%
- Other peroxides: 1% max
- Specific gravity (25℃): 0.935
- The standard packaging is polyethylene plastic drums with a net weight of 25kg or 180kg. It can also be packed in IBC or shipped in a tanker, but special attention should be paid to the SADT of 55°C and the critical temperature when packaged in IBC or tanker.
- The temperature is 50℃. Small packages can also be packaged according to the specifications required by users.
- BCHPC is class F solid organic peroxide, cargo classification: 5.2, UN number: 3109, packaging of second-class dangerous goods.
- (1) Keep away from fire, open flame and heat source.
- (2) Avoid contact with reducing agents (such as amines), acids, alkalis and heavy metal compounds (such as accelerators, metal soaps, etc.)
- (3) Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of this product.
- TBHP is one of the most commonly used initiators for free radical reactions, which is characterized by good thermal stability, safe use, and easy control.
- Below, its activity has no significant change within three months, and it does not require high-cost refrigerated storage, and can be used in the fields of emulsion polymerization, aqueous phase polymerization, solidification and graft polymerization.
- Can be better than peroxodisulfate, cumene hydroperoxide and benzoyl peroxide. The decomposition products of TBHP are mainly tert-butanol and a small amount of acetone, etc., which are non-corrosive and do not require high equipment. while its
- Most of its initiators form acidic by-products.
- TBHP is also widely used as a polymerization initiator for styrene, acrylic acid and methacrylic acid.
- TBHP is a vulcanizing agent for natural rubber. Can be used to improve the cetane number of diesel. At the same time, it is also a very important intermediate in organic synthesis. It has special selectivity and high yield for epoxidation, and is a very important oxidant.
- Keep the package airtight and in a well-ventilated state, the maximum storage temperature is 40 ℃, and avoid reducing agents such as amines, acids, alkalis, heavy metal compounds (accelerators and metal soaps), and it is strictly forbidden to pack and take them in the warehouse.
- Store it according to the conditions suggested by the manufacturer, and the product can guarantee the technical standard of the factory within six months.
- Small fires need to be extinguished with dry powder or carbon dioxide fire extinguishers, and spray with a lot of water to prevent reburning. The fire requires a large amount of water spray from a safe distance.